Are you planning to bring your family with you? The Tampere region is a very child-friendly environment and also active in the international affairs of spouses.

Residence Permit of Family Members

If you are not a citizen of an EU/EEA country or Switzerland and you are planning to come to Finland with your family, it is recommended that you apply for all the residence permits at the same time to avoid many months of wait.

In order for family members to receive residence permits, the main applicant’s income must be guaranteed by other means than state support (see the income requirements in the useful links below).

Registration of Family Members

When registering family members with Finnish authorities, you should always have Apostille or Grand legalised documents available depending on your country of origin. At least your marriage certificate and the birth certificates of your children are required before the registration process can move on.