Adapting to Finnish society and everyday life will be much easier and more fun if you are prepared to learn some Finnish. Finland has two official languages, Finnish and Swedish. Finnish is spoken as mother tongue by 91% of the population, while 5% have Swedish as their mother tongue. Swedish is spoken most on the western and southern coasts.
- General information on the official languages of Finland (Info Bank)
- Finnish on the Internet
- UUNO is an interactivce way to learn the Finnish language
- Pirkanmaa Interpreter Centre
- More local information from the Immigrant Advisors of Tampere
- As an employee of the University of Tampere you will be offered Finnish Language courses from survival to more demanding levels. Please follow the news on the UTA Intra, or ask International HR Services for more information!