Notification of Change of Address

According to the Finnish legislation, you must always submit a notification of move if you move permanently into a new home or if your temporary stay at another address is longer than three months. The notification can be made at the earliest one month in advance. However you must take care of that the notification has been received by the local register office within a week of your move at the latest. Also contact the Finnish Tax Administration directly to notify that you are moving away.

More information on Notification of move.


Things to Consider Before Leaving Finland

Remember to notify your landlord well in advance and discontinue the rental agreement on time (normally at least one month in advance)

Please make the notification of change of address electronically. Post offices and International HR Services also have paper forms.

Please notify Kela (Social Insurance Institution of Finland) by completing the form Y38e.

  • Form Y38e is available for download as a PDF in English
  • Form Y38e can also be submitted at Kela´s online service (only in Finnish and Swedish and with online banking codes).

Please also inform your Finnish bank on your new address and remember to close your account when you have received all your income. That is unless you want to keep the account open.

We recommend you to order a document stating your accrued earnings-related pension from the pension insurance organisations. When you apply for the pension at retirement age where ever you are in the world, you can present this document and make the pension application procedure much smoother.

Please contact:

  • Keva (birthyear before 1980): info(a)
  • Varma (birthyear after 1980): neuvontapalvelut(a)
  • More information on pensions, please contact HR Specialist Kaija Aaltonen,

We recommend you to calculate and check the tax percentage, so that it would be as accurate as possible for the remaining months. You can check it online and International HR Services are happy to help you, or by visiting the tax office.